Chief of Staff
Location: Cambridge, MA
Founded in 2016 by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering, Kintai Therapeutics is uniquely focused on unlocking the power of the enteric signaling network and its signals throughout the body to fight disease and restore the health of patients. The company’s Precision Enteric Medicine™ (PEM™) discovery and therapeutic platform is based on a deep understanding of the interconnected biology of the microbiome, gut immune system and enteric nervous system. Kintai has pioneered a new frontier in gut science, resulting in a unique understanding of a wealth of new genes, metabolites, and signaling molecules, leveraging these insights to rapidly translate into a highly actionable pipeline. The company’s expertise in chemistry, human biology, experimental medicine, and artificial intelligence represents a biology discovery and therapeutic development engine to rapidly identify and deliver new medicines. Kintai’s multidisciplinary approach has delivered a pipeline of 10+ programs across multiple therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, and immunology. Based in Cambridge, MA, Kintai believes that its core strengths lie in the hearts and minds of its talented employees who keep patients at the center of everything we do. To learn more, please visit the company’s website at www.kintaitx.com.
At Kintai, we thrive in the unknown and believe in the power of effective teamwork. We are united in our mission to improve health and fight disease for patients in need. Our unique multidisciplinary approach is a key differentiator. Our team is diverse and our differences make us stronger. Kintai not only encourages, but requires, scientific debate and believes that through our blended experiences we enable the best scientific advances. We care about each other and seek to maintain a transparent and growth minded culture. We also embrace having fun along the way. Our core values exemplify the culture we continue to cultivate each and everyday.
- Pioneering: We create bold innovations that bridge to the future of science and medicine
- Science Driven: We apply exceptional science to bring breakthrough medicines to patients
- Authentic: We embrace the importance of honesty, accountability, transparency and openness
- Collaborative: We succeed when we share knowledge, expertise and experiences to develop revolutionary medicines
Reporting to the CEO, this position will play an essential role in a broad range of activities necessary to drive and manage critical operational and strategic aspects of our growing company. Working closely with the leadership team, this person will support the execution of strategic initiatives through coordination, tracking and monitoring of activities and deliverables for the CEO. They will ensure that the right connections are made on behalf of the CEO for both internal and external activities, facilitating relationships with key stakeholders.
- Act as “thought partner”, broker and early alert to CEO for both internal and external activities.
- Facilitate and manage a broad range of projects to help ensure attainment of strategic priorities consistent with corporate goals. Work with leadership team members individually and collectively on key business projects.
- Ensure that key initiatives in support of Kintai’s goals are on track, intervening as appropriate to ensure meeting goals. Monitor and report progress to CEO, triaging and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Work with the leadership team and others to translate strategy into deliverables that can be measured and managed.
- Support the development and preparation of executive-level presentations
- Identify and prioritise key issues early and expedite resolution by integrating information search, analysis and evaluation to provide an informed perspective and propose solutions.
- Effectively prioritize multiple objectives, monitor progress of ongoing activities and implement course corrections as needed using project management and business improvement capabilities.
- Organize and drive the rhythm of decision making and outputs to feed in to key meetings and initiatives.
- Track key initiatives by monitoring progress towards meeting goals, ensuring follow-through on the part of relevant players and sustaining momentum needed to drive these initiatives.
- Influence appropriate stakeholders and ensure appropriate prioritization and project management to support the business in meeting their objectives
- The ability to anticipate and remediate problems that arise is essential
- Strong background in strategy execution and project management
- Strong analytical problem-solving & interpersonal skills,
- Experience with working in high growth, collaborative organizations
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate with and prepare presentations for CEO and amongst senior leadership team.
- Scientific background
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying scientific information in a clear and thorough manner
- Team oriented, highly motivated, execution focused with strong work ethic, ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs – comfortable delivering against challenging commitments
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email including your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kintai Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kintai does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.