Neuroscience Biology Head
Location: Cambridge, MA
Founded in 2016 by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering, Kintai Therapeutics is uniquely focused on unlocking the power of the enteric signaling network and its signals throughout the body to fight disease and restore the health of patients. The company’s Precision Enteric Medicine™ (PEM™) discovery and therapeutic platform is based on a deep understanding of the interconnected biology of the microbiome, gut immune system and enteric nervous system. Kintai has pioneered a new frontier in gut science, resulting in a unique understanding of a wealth of new genes, metabolites, and signaling molecules, leveraging these insights to rapidly translate into a highly actionable pipeline. The company’s expertise in chemistry, human biology, experimental medicine, and artificial intelligence represents a biology discovery and therapeutic development engine to rapidly identify and deliver new medicines. Kintai’s multidisciplinary approach has delivered a pipeline of 10+ programs across multiple therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, and immunology. Based in Cambridge, MA, Kintai believes that its core strengths lie in the hearts and minds of its talented employees who keep patients at the center of everything we do. To learn more, please visit the company’s website at www.kintaitx.com.
At Kintai, we thrive in the unknown and believe in the power of effective teamwork. We are united in our mission to improve health and fight disease for patients in need. Our unique multidisciplinary approach is a key differentiator. Our team is diverse and our differences make us stronger. Kintai not only encourages, but requires, scientific debate and believes that through our blended experiences we enable the best scientific advances. We care about each other and seek to maintain a transparent and growth minded culture. We also embrace having fun along the way. Our core values exemplify the culture we continue to cultivate each and everyday.
- Pioneering: We create bold innovations that bridge to the future of science and medicine
- Science Driven: We apply exceptional science to bring breakthrough medicines to patients
- Authentic: We embrace the importance of honesty, accountability, transparency and openness
- Collaborative: We succeed when we share knowledge, expertise and experiences to develop revolutionary medicines
The candidate will be a key leader and drive pioneering research built on Kintai’s proprietary platform and deep understanding of the human microbiome. The candidate will report to the VP of Biology and will leverage his/her neurobiology expertise and team leadership skills to deliver microbiome-inspired therapeutics to treat neurodegenerative and neuro-inflammatory diseases. The candidate will be responsible for leading biologists in a highly collaborative environment and will work with Kintai team members across functional lines to discover and advance transformational therapies for life-threatening diseases.
- Provide scientific leadership for the neuroscience team and across the biology organization
- Partner with functional lines to advance therapeutics and maximize the value of the discovery platform
- Design and execute experimental plans that inform and enable project progression, supervising internal efforts as well as working with external vendors
- Advance novel science and idea generation to enable continual innovation for Kintai’s microbiome-based therapies
- Develop colleagues using effective coaching and mentorship to maximize engagement, scientific growth, and performance
- Continuously build neuroscience expertise by keeping up with external science, attending scientific meetings, developing collaborations with experts, preparing publications, making external presentations, and contributing with hands on experimentation
- Ph.D. in a relevant area of biological science
- 10 or more years post-doctoral experience, including in the biothech or pharma setting
- Research relevant to degenerative neurological diseases and/or neuroinflammatory conditions
- Microbiome/microbiology experience is a plus
- Direct experience with a broad range of in vitro neuronal cell techniques and disease models
- Proven ability to lead research in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- A strong record of accomplishment in the field, including publications, presentations, and patents
- Proficient interpersonal and collaboration skills, able to develop solution space for complex problems.
- Effective communicator with ability to clearly convey complex messages to all stake holders
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email including your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kintai Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kintai does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.