Location: Cambridge, MA
Founded in 2016 by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering, Kintai Therapeutics is uniquely focused on unlocking the power of the enteric signaling network and its signals throughout the body to fight disease and restore the health of patients. The company’s Precision Enteric Medicine™ (PEM™) discovery and therapeutic platform is based on a deep understanding of the interconnected biology of the microbiome, gut immune system and enteric nervous system. Kintai has pioneered a new frontier in gut science, resulting in a unique understanding of a wealth of new genes, metabolites, and signaling molecules, leveraging these insights to rapidly translate into a highly actionable pipeline. The company’s expertise in chemistry, human biology, experimental medicine, and artificial intelligence represents a biology discovery and therapeutic development engine to rapidly identify and deliver new medicines. Kintai’s multidisciplinary approach has delivered a pipeline of 10+ programs across multiple therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, and immunology. Based in Cambridge, MA, Kintai believes that its core strengths lie in the hearts and minds of its talented employees who keep patients at the center of everything we do. To learn more, please visit the company’s website at www.kintaitx.com.
At Kintai, we thrive in the unknown and believe in the power of effective teamwork. We are united in our mission to improve health and fight disease for patients in need. Our unique multidisciplinary approach is a key differentiator. Our team is diverse and our differences make us stronger. Kintai not only encourages, but requires, scientific debate and believes that through our blended experiences we enable the best scientific advances. We care about each other and seek to maintain a transparent and growth minded culture. We also embrace having fun along the way. Our core values exemplify the culture we continue to cultivate each and everyday.
- Pioneering: We create bold innovations that bridge to the future of science and medicine
- Science Driven: We apply exceptional science to bring breakthrough medicines to patients
- Authentic: We embrace the importance of honesty, accountability, transparency and openness
- Collaborative: We succeed when we share knowledge, expertise and experiences to develop revolutionary medicines
As a key member of the Kintai Research and Development team, the biostatistics analyst will work collaboratively with biologists, computational scientists, and clinicians to drive research built on Kintai’s proprietary platform and facilitate the development of innovative therapeutics to treat life-threatening diseases.
In this role, the successful candidate will provide statistical expertise in preclinical study design and data analysis to support a variety of research activities including phenotypic screens, animal disease models, in vitro assays, and drug metabolism.
Depending on the candidate’s qualifications, there will also be opportunity for the individual to be involved with clinical studies and/or the analysis of metagenomic, metabolomic, and other data generated by Kintai’s proprietary microbiome technology platform. The biostatistician will be responsible for employing statistical rigor and will contribute directly to proprietary reports, publications, and presentations.
- Design and analyze preclinical studies across multiple disease areas
- Work with scientists to understand scientific context of studies and how results will be used.
- Incorporate appropriate level of statistical rigor in the planning process to ensure that experimental designs and analysis plans meet requirements
- Perform power calculations to determine necessary numbers of technical and experimental replicates.
- Perform statistical analyses of study data to derive clear conclusions, present results to audiences of varying technical backgrounds,
- Work with scientists to improve reproducibility and repeatability of existing laboratory assays using rigorous statistical methods and uncover sources of bias or error
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with research and clinical scientists, computational biologists, and external collaborators as a key member of multidisciplinary research teams
- Clearly define and communicate the advantages and disadvantages of different statistical approaches to given problems
- Demonstrated experience with statistical modeling and inferential statistics
- Strong basis in statistical concepts and methodologies, including regression, hypothesis testing, design of experiments, and power analyses.
- Strong statistical programming skills in a relevant language such as R, SAS, or Python
- Experience performing statistical analyses for drug discovery and/or clinical development is a plus
- Applied Bayesian modeling is a plus
- Experience analyzing data from in vitro and in vivo experiments is a plus
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing data or other ‘omics’ data types is a plus
- MS in Biostatistics, Statistics, Computational Biology or a related field
- BS Statistics with >3 years academic/industry experience in a collaborative environment will be considered
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email including your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kintai Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kintai does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.