Research Associate, Neuroscience and Neurodegeneration
Location: Cambridge, MA
Founded in 2016 by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering, Kintai Therapeutics is uniquely focused on unlocking the power of the enteric signaling network and its signals throughout the body to fight disease and restore the health of patients. The company’s Precision Enteric Medicine™ (PEM™) discovery and therapeutic platform is based on a deep understanding of the interconnected biology of the microbiome, gut immune system and enteric nervous system. Kintai has pioneered a new frontier in gut science, resulting in a unique understanding of a wealth of new genes, metabolites, and signaling molecules, leveraging these insights to rapidly translate into a highly actionable pipeline. The company’s expertise in chemistry, human biology, experimental medicine, and artificial intelligence represents a biology discovery and therapeutic development engine to rapidly identify and deliver new medicines. Kintai’s multidisciplinary approach has delivered a pipeline of 10+ programs across multiple therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, and immunology. Based in Cambridge, MA, Kintai believes that its core strengths lie in the hearts and minds of its talented employees who keep patients at the center of everything we do. To learn more, please visit the company’s website at www.kintaitx.com.
At Kintai, we thrive in the unknown and believe in the power of effective teamwork. We are united in our mission to improve health and fight disease for patients in need. Our unique multidisciplinary approach is a key differentiator. Our team is diverse and our differences make us stronger. Kintai not only encourages, but requires, scientific debate and believes that through our blended experiences we enable the best scientific advances. We care about each other and seek to maintain a transparent and growth minded culture. We also embrace having fun along the way. Our core values exemplify the culture we continue to cultivate each and everyday.
- Pioneering: We create bold innovations that bridge to the future of science and medicine
- Science Driven: We apply exceptional science to bring breakthrough medicines to patients
- Authentic: We embrace the importance of honesty, accountability, transparency and openness
- Collaborative: We succeed when we share knowledge, expertise and experiences to develop revolutionary medicines
As a part of Kintai Therapeutics’ Neuroscience team, the successful Senior/Research Associate candidate will apply expertise in cell-based assays, data analysis, and presentation. In addition, the candidate will collaborate with Kintai Therapeutics team members to develop novel assays and reach Kintai Therapeutics’ milestones.
- Culturing primary cells (neurons, glia, astrocytes) and cell lines
- Performing ELISA, MSD, Luminex, and Flow cytometry (analyzer and sorter)
- Learning and setting up new techniques
- Isolating cells from experimental tissues
- Collaborating closely with other team members
- Working with external vendors and CROs
- Troubleshooting, solving difficult problems, and proposing solutions related to projects
- Maintaining a detailed and organized electronic lab notebook
- Laboratory maintenance: inventory, purchasing, reagent preparation, etc.
- The candidate will have a B.S. or M.S. degree or equivalent in neuroscience, biochemistry, or molecular/cellular biology
- Experience in research on neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease.
- The candidate will have multiple years of industrial or academic research experience.
- Ability to maintain mammalian and primary neuron, glia, astrocyte cell culture
- Experience in cell-based assays such as flow cytometry and ELISA
- Ability to independently conduct laboratory experiments and evaluate and interpret data
- Experience in standard molecular biology (DNA/RNA extractions, quantification, qPCR) and histological (Immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization) techniques
- Agility: Ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables
- Results Oriented: Self-motivated, curious, accomplishes goals with minimal oversight
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Authenticity: Ability to voice their opinion and provide insight to the broader team, even when holding a minority or “out of the box” opinion
- Ability to thrive with input from a cross-functional team while remaining the unquestioned expert in her/his area
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email including your resume to email@example.com
Kintai Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kintai does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.