Research Associate, Next Generation Sequencing
Location: Cambridge, MA
Founded in 2016 by Flagship Labs, the innovation foundry of Flagship Pioneering, Kintai Therapeutics is uniquely focused on unlocking the power of the enteric signaling network and its signals throughout the body to fight disease and restore the health of patients. The company’s Precision Enteric Medicine™ (PEM™) discovery and therapeutic platform is based on a deep understanding of the interconnected biology of the microbiome, gut immune system and enteric nervous system. Kintai has pioneered a new frontier in gut science, resulting in a unique understanding of a wealth of new genes, metabolites, and signaling molecules, leveraging these insights to rapidly translate into a highly actionable pipeline. The company’s expertise in chemistry, human biology, experimental medicine, and artificial intelligence represents a biology discovery and therapeutic development engine to rapidly identify and deliver new medicines. Kintai’s multidisciplinary approach has delivered a pipeline of 10+ programs across multiple therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, and immunology. Based in Cambridge, MA, Kintai believes that its core strengths lie in the hearts and minds of its talented employees who keep patients at the center of everything we do. To learn more, please visit the company’s website at www.kintaitx.com.
At Kintai, we thrive in the unknown and believe in the power of effective teamwork. We are united in our mission to improve health and fight disease for patients in need. Our unique multidisciplinary approach is a key differentiator. Our team is diverse and our differences make us stronger. Kintai not only encourages, but requires, scientific debate and believes that through our blended experiences we enable the best scientific advances. We care about each other and seek to maintain a transparent and growth minded culture. We also embrace having fun along the way. Our core values exemplify the culture we continue to cultivate each and everyday.
- Pioneering: We create bold innovations that bridge to the future of science and medicine
- Science Driven: We apply exceptional science to bring breakthrough medicines to patients
- Authentic: We embrace the importance of honesty, accountability, transparency and openness
- Collaborative: We succeed when we share knowledge, expertise and experiences to develop revolutionary medicines
As a part of the Kintai Therapeutics Research and Development team, the candidate will work with the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Microbiome team to provide support in the following areas:
- DNA and RNA extraction from microbes and host and quality control assays (e.g. nucleic acid quantification, bioanalyzer)
- NGS library preparation and qPCR
- Microbiome sample management and processing
- Work with external vendors and CROs
In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with Kintai’s team members across departments to develop novel assays and reach Kintai’s milestones.
- Previous experience with next generation sequencing including metagenomics and metatranscriptomics, DNA/RNA extractions, library preparation, and quality assessment.
- B.S./M.S. degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline; and 2+ years of professional experience working in a laboratory environment is preferred.
- Experience with gut microbiome biology preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and propose solutions relating to NGS sample processing and development.
- Ability to independently conduct laboratory experiments and evaluate and interpret data.
- Experience working with precious biological samples.
- Experience working with external vendors and CROs preferred.
- Microbiology experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated agility; ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables
- Results Oriented: Self-motivated, curious, accomplishes goals with minimal oversight.
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated curiousity.
- Authenticity: Ability to voice their opinion and provide insight to the broader team, even when holding a minority or “out of the box” opinion. Ability to thrive with input from a cross-functional team while remaining the unquestioned expert in her/his area.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email including your resume to email@example.com
Kintai Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kintai does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.